Information we collect
In order to provide our customers with our products and services, we may collect and use information about you and or your business. If we are not provided with all the information we request, we may not be able to supply our products and services. The type of information we collect includes names, addresses, and other contact details.
We do not normally collect or store ‘sensitive information’, as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cwth) (eg. information about ethnic origin, religious beliefs or health). However, if we do, we will only collect that information with your consent or as otherwise permitted by law.
How we collect personal information
Generally, we only collect an individual’s personal or business information from that individual or business for the purpose of meeting the individual or businesses request for information pertaining to the appropriate product or service in which they are interested.
How we store personal information
We take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal or business information which we hold about you and or your business to protect your personal and or business information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. Any personal and or business information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Access to personal and or business information is limited to those of our personnel who specifically need it to carry out their business responsibilities. We also maintain physical security procedures to manage and protect the use and storage of records containing personal information.
To help us protect your privacy, you should maintain the secrecy of the access credentials (ie. user name and password, when required) you use to access and use our website. We are not responsible or liable for the security of data sent via the internet.
Purpose of collection
We collect personal and or business information so we can:
- meet our legal obligations;
- identify our customers, potential customers and their representatives;
- inform you or others of any initiatives we think may be of interest to you or them;
- inform you or others about our products and services and the benefits of using our products and services;
- provide you or others with information about offers or other benefits that may become available;
- seek your opinion or comments about our products and services;
- carry out our management, administrative quality assurance and complaint handling activities in a professional and efficient manner;
- develop and implement initiatives to improve our products and services;
Use and Disclosure
We use and disclose the personal and or business information we collect for the purposes indicated above, and for other secondary purposes.
We usually disclose the personal and or business information we collect to our related entities, service providers and contractors, who help us supply our products and services. For example, we may disclose the personal and or business information we collect to appropriate industry sector members to enable us to meet your requirements and or our professional obligations. Except where indicated above, we will not use or disclose your personal and or business information to a third party unless:
- you have consented to the use and disclosure;
- the third party is our service provider or contractor, in which case we will require them to use and disclose the personal and or business information only for the purpose for which it was provided to them;
- the disclosure is permitted, required or authorised by or under law.
We may use your personal and or business information to advise you of new products and marketing initiatives that we think may be of interest to you. This may include product and service offerings, newsletters and general information about us.
If you prefer not to receive information about our products and services you can ask to be removed from the relevant circulation list by contacting us, using the details listed below.
We never disclose personal and or business information to a third party for the purpose of allowing them to direct market their products or service to you, unless you have expressly consented to that disclosure.
If at any time you want to know what personal and or business information we hold about you, you are welcome to request access to that information by contacting us, using the details listed below. We may charge a fee to cover the reasonable costs we incur in processing your request. We may also choose to deny your request for access where:
- the access impacts on the privacy of others;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- there are existing or anticipated legal proceedings; or such access can be denied under law or by a law enforcement agency. If we deny your request for access, we will let you know why.
Quality & correction
At all times we strive to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If at any time you believe the personal and or business information that we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, you should let us know. We will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
Website & cookies
To ensure we are meeting the needs and wants of our website users, and to develop our online services, we may collect aggregated information by using cookies or similar electronic tools.
We are committed to constantly improving our procedures so that personal c information is treated appropriately. If you feel that we have failed to deal with your personal and or business information in accordance with this policy or in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles, please contact us, using the details listed below, so we have an opportunity to resolve the issue to your satisfaction. We will log your complaint and our privacy officer will:
- listen to your concerns and grievances;
- discuss with you the ways in which we can remedy the situation; and put in place an action plan to resolve your complaint and improve our information handling procedures if appropriate.
Disclosure to overseas recipients
We are not likely to disclose your personal information to recipients located overseas.
If you require more detailed information about our information handling practices or if you have any concerns about our handling of your personal information, you can contact NAOL Australia Pty Ltd at: email@example.com. We will endeavour to respond to your concerns as quickly as possible.